Make a DIY Face Mask
When the world is struggling hard to prevent the danger of coronavirus, medical health experts have suggested people wearing face masks for safety.
Wearing this protective face covering while visiting community settings and public places may help you avoid the transfer of the virus. But as the number of Covid-19 cases is rising high in the world, the stores are facing a great shortage of masks, gloves, and PPE kits. In this scenario, it is better to learn some creative ways to prepare a face mask at home.
There are many quick ways to make a face mask, and any beginner can follow them with ease. Here we have listed a few simple tips to make a face mask at home by using some materials that are already available at every home:
What do you need to make DIY FaceMask at home?
It is quite easier to make a cloth mask, and the best part is that you don’t even need to learn sewing skills to do so. All that you need is some clean fabric, such as an old cloth or t-shirt (preferably pure cotton), scissors, tape measure or ruler and hair ties or rubber band.
Steps to make the face mask:
- Put the old t-shirt on the flat surface and then measure 7 to 8 inches in the bottom-up direction.
- Cut the measured rectangular area; it will be now used to make the face mask.
- Put the rectangular fabric on the surface and then fold the material from top to middle and middle to the top; bring the two folds to the middle of this fabric.
- Repeat step 3 again to create another layer of folds.
- Now, simply loop a large hair tie or rubber band around both ends of the fabric while keeping them 2 inches far from the endpoints.
- Fold the remaining left and right side towards the centre making sure that they meet in the middle.
- Just grab the mask from rubber bands and put it on your face. In order to secure it well, put each side of the hair tie or rubber band around your ear. It will help you to keep the mask on your face for hours.
In case if you are not interested in using the rubber bands or feel them uncomfortable on your ears, you can also create strings using the same fabric. For this, you need to cut a big rectangle out of your t-shirt so that some fabric on sides can be used to create strings.
Simply cut 6 to 7-inch long strings on sides, at both top and the bottom portion, leading to four strings that you can tie behind your head with ease.
Some people also prefer to tie their face mask using safety pins to ensure enhanced security.
These homemade face masks can help you deal with the scarcity of these essentials in the market. Moreover, the process of making face masks at is least time consuming; you can prepare these masks for every member of the family.
Stay Safe! Stay Healthy!